I put together a restaurant dining room scene in the Bennett House. My oldest child and I cobbled together the awful "swanky" restaurant name = Sky Stag. It makes us chuckle.
Putting together the Bennett House was a bit of a challenge. Not because the parts weren't labeled. Not because the diagram of parts didn't always look like the parts. The only real issue I encountered while building this dollhouse was removing the paper mask from the acrylic windows. The stuff just would not come off. I first used professional remover...then I used standard sticky residue remover...then I had to just let the stuff soak in a bath of shea butter baby oil. And it was the oil bath that finally got the mask to relent.
After the oil bath, I was able to peel/roll the mask back in large sheets, but not all of it would come off completely. There are some places where the mask came into contact with the glue used to adhere the acrylic windows to the frame. I used tweezers to try and remove those stuck pieces. In the end, I was not able to get the clean finish that I would prefer. The local plastics shop said they could make me all new windows. If I keep this house, I may have to take them up on that offer.
The Goods: Stag head is Dotsan; seating pieces are Urban Girl Dollhouse and Brinca Dada covered in Restoration Hardware's Italian Vintage Baroque fabric; tables are Re-Ment and MegaHouse; all accessories are LiLu, PRD Miniatures, and common finds from hobby and craft stores.